Favorite Classic Christmas Stories for Homeschooling Families
I keep reading articles about the importance of family read alouds. You never outgrow the benefits of family bonding, increased literacy skills, and good entertainment.
This is the perfect season for family read alouds, so we are sharing our favorite classic Christmas stories. Can you add to the list?
For elementary-aged homeschool students (and younger…and older):
- The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey (Download our fun, phonics and thinking activity guide!)
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss
- Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree by Robert Barry
- The Christmas Day Kitten by James Herriot
- The Littlest Angel by Charles Tazewell
- The Greatest Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
- The Night Before Christmas by Clement C. Moore
For homeschool high school students:
- Luke 2
- The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (Make this a great book for your homeschool high schooler’s Language Arts credit, while you’re at it. Have him complete 7Sisters Homeschool no-busywork, inspirational study guide for the book. It contains vocabulary, background information, comprehension and inferential questions AND it is level-able (you can adapt if for student interest and abilities with the instructions in the guide). AND while you’re at it, watch the classic version of A Christmas Carol along with this delightful study guide for an even richer homeschool high school Language Arts activity.
Want some more great holiday-related educational activities? Download our fun, festive Week Before Christmas Learning Activity Bundle.
Can you add to the list for us?