They REALLY do! Your homeschool high schoolers need Poetry Writing!
Homeschool High Schoolers Need Poetry Writing
It is true, I am a die-hard fan of poetry. I’ve raised my kids on enough poetry reading and writing that they agree: Homeschool High Schoolers Need Poetry Writing!
Here are 5 important reasons why homeschool high schoolers need poetry writing:
1) Teens who write poetry can use words more effectively in college writing. (Poetry teaches tight, concise wording that catches the ear and sparks the imagination.
This kind of writing skill can be applied to writing excellent college papers.)
2) Teens who write poetry expand their imaginations.
And as we know, Albert Einstein said that “Imagination is more important than knowledge”.
3) Teens who write poetry learn to think creatively.
Creativity is the root of good problem solving: a necessary life skill.
4) Teens who write poetry learn to lighten up.
They learn they don’t need to be Shakespeare, they can relax and enjoy having fun with words. (That is, if they have a curriculum that doesn’t isn’t too serious or self-important. I *ahem* suggest 7 Sisters’ delightful Introduction to Poetry Writing, Intermediate Poetry Writing, and Advanced Poetry Writing for no busywork, encouraging, you-can-do-it Poetry Writing curriculum.)
5) Teens who write poetry have fun!
(At least, if they have a fun curriculum.) 7 Sisters Poetry Writing Curriculum is fun for individual homeschool high schoolers, co-ops, or group classes!
Download a copy today and find out why our teens believe that homeschool high schoolers need Poetry Writing!