This week on the Homeschool Highschool Podcast Ep 120: How to Get Transcripts Right. This post is running concurrently on the Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network.
Homeschool Highschool Podcast Ep 120: How to Get Transcripts Right
How to Get Homeschool Transcripts Exactly Right. Or else! Well, not really. However, transcripts are important so here is how we do our transcripts.
There isn’t really a magical formula or necessary downloadable form from your state government that you must fill out.
Remember: There’s not ONE right way to homeschool high school…OR complete a transcript.
- Date of Birth
- Social Security (totally optional)
- Contact information (email address, optional)
- Title of your homeschool (optional)
- For most transcripts, break out courses taken by year with name of course, levels, amount of credit, grade.
- Course Summary section (compilation of courses, along with the grade those courses were taken. This is optional.)
- Use sparkle titles where applicable (ie. if your teen covered World History credit using History and Philosophy of the Western World, use that title)
- Service hours
- Graduation date
- SAT or ACT scores
- Keep backup document with course descriptions
- Do some research on college, sports and military requirements by visiting websites, recruiters
- There are transcript programs out there. Use those or make your own.
- Remember to keep your integrity.
So, that’s how you do get the homeschool high school transcript exactly right, with the the exactly ONE right formula…Oh, right! There’s not ONE right way to do a homeschool transcript. These are simply the tools that we have used over the years on the transcripts of our own kids and the hundreds of homeschool high schoolers in our local umbrella school who have graduated and gone on successfully to the next phase of life. Adapt our information and ideas to your teens’ needs! Let us know your ideas.
Homeschool high school transcripts are important! But do not worry. We are looking out for you!
Your 7Sisters have put together everything you need for homeschool high school transcript, including:
- File 1: A transcript template in easy-to-use editable pdf format
- File 2: A high school checklist, to help you and your teens keep the course requirements organized
- File 3: A detailed, 75-page guide with details on how to create a meaningful high school transcript
Join Sabrina, Vicki and Kym for this informative episode and check out these helpful posts: