This week on the HSHSP Ep 69: Homeschool Highschool Co-op Nuts and Bolts for Starting One. This post is running concurrently on Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network.
HSHSP Ep 69: Homeschool Highschool Co-ops Nuts and Bolts for Starting One
Until you’ve started your own homeschool highschool co-ops you might have NO idea all the details that go into it!
Co-ops are lots of fun but lots of work. They work much more smoothly if you handle the details up front during your planning. What are the many things you need to think about?
Join Sabrina, Vicki and Marilyn for an amusing chat (and “we’re ditzes” bloopers, which our sly editor, Seth, snuck in there…).
On this information-packed episode we’re discussing the nuts and bolts for starting a homeschool highschool co-op such as:
- How to do signups
- How to decide fees
- How to organize age groups
- How to handle who teaches what and when
- How to handle weekly setup
- How to organize cleanups
- How to handle absences and sicknesses
- How to arrange for substitute teachers
- How to use syllabi
- How to adapt for teens with disabilities
- How to handle bad-weather days
- How to plan for special events
- How to handle grading
For more on how to teach homeschool co-op classes, check this post.