This week on HSHSP: Homeschooled and Headed for College. This post is running concurrently on Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network.
HSHSP: Homeschooled and Headed for College
Many homeschool highschoolers are planning to attend college. How about yours? We know there’s not one right way to homeschool highschool AND there’s not one right way to do life after highschool. Some teens are call right into the workforce, military or missions. Others must go through college.
For teens who are homeschooled and planning for college, we’ve got some helpful information to think about. As experienced homeschool moms and community leaders, we’ve learned some insider tips. What experience do we have?
- We’ve graduated all of our homeschool highschoolers and all the college-interested teens attended a college of their choice.
- Vicki has served as academic advisor for local homeschool upperclassmen, helping hundreds graduate and gain acceptance at a college of their choice.
- Sabrina and Kym have, for decades, taught homeschool co-op and group classes and mentored college-bound students (including writing many, many college reference letters).
- However, we can’t say that Quella the seeing eye puppy has helped many teens get into college yet. Maybe someday…
From our feet-on-the-ground experience, we’ve got helpful information for you regarding the questions we often receive:
- How can you and your teens manage the stress of the college hunt, preparation and application process?
- Why is junior year important for college-bound students’ transcripts?
- How many colleges should homeschool highschoolers apply to?
- Why fill out FAFSA?
- What is FAFSA anyway?
- What is the importance of college visits?
- What are some secrets of scholarships?
- What do you need to know about the application process?
- Why are application essay important?
- How to politely ask for reference letters?
Join Sabrina, Vicki, Kym and Quella the seeing eye puppy for a lively and helpful discussion about college preparation and application!
Also, check out these resources:
For more college-prep study skills, check out this post and more college success tips in this Homeschool Highschool Podcast episode.
Need some support and guidance on how-to write an eye-catching college application essay? 7SistersHomeschool.com has what you need.