This week on Homeschool Highschool Podcast Ep 90: Handling Holiday Homeschool Hassles! This episode is running concurrently on The Ultimate Homeschool Network.
What is the Christmas break supposed to look like in homeschool highschool?
- Are we supposed to do NO homeschool lessons?
- Are we supposed to catch up on all the lessons we’re behind on?
- Are we supposed to work right through and get ahead?
The Christmas break can get to feeling like a homeschool hassle! Join Sabrina, Vicki and Kym for ideas on handling holiday homeschool hassles.
How can we respect everyone’s:
Then plan wisely for your Christmas break!
- Communicate with teens your expectations
- Work together to set holiday goals
- Respect need for some change
- Balance competing needs and activities
How to run a *Homeschool Triage* to decide what to do when.
- What is most desperate, most pressing, most important?
- What do your teens like and they’ll get caught up on their own?
- What do you just need to toss?
Learn how to juggle and memorize our friend Colleen Kessler’s quote (Raising Lifelong Learners blog): Every morning you have to get up and decide which ball you need to drop!
Face the need to manage your own perfectionism. As Kym quotes: Perfectionism is NOT a good role model.
How to manage the need for your own self-care:
- Sharing the carpool with other homeschool moms so everyone can get a little rest
- Take a *silent retreat* after Christmas*
How to face the fact that there’s not ONE right way to homeschool or not during the Christmas break.
There are some hassles. That’s okay. Face it and then give yourself a break!
You can give your teens some distractions from holiday hassles by giving them a memorable writing project: Holiday Family Narrative. It is SO much fun and will be fun to share their stories with the family. Read about how that works in this post about writing a Holiday Family Narrative Project.
We have a podcast on Handling Difficult People at Holiday Events.
7Sisters email subscribers receive periodic practical encouragement, special offers and NO SPAM EVER.
Click the image above to periodically receive real homeschool value in your inbox.