This week on The Homeschool Highschool Podcast: Including Teens in Planning. This post is running concurrently on Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network.
Including Teens in Planning
It might be simpler to do all the homeschool high school planning yourself!
But then again…Maybe you should include your teens in planning the high school years!
One of the important tasks for teens during the homeschooling high school years it to learn to think for themselves, make wise decisions and to manage their own time and education. That is a lot to take on.
If you can start them out by easing into the process by allowing them on the planning side of their homeschool high school years, you’ll be off to a good start.
- Sit down with them and ask:
- What are you interested in?
- What are you hoping for?
- What are your goals for this year? for high school?
- What do you NOT like in homeschooling high school?
- What would you love to avoid if you could?
- What are your favorite curricula so far?
- What are your least favorite curricula?
Then let them help you choose curriculum and plan schedules.
One of 7Sisters’ most helpful posts explains about no-fail ways to choose curriculum, don’t miss reading it. And then download this helpful pdf:
What are the risks and benefits of making your homeschool highschoolers part of the planning process? Join Sabrina, Vicki and Kym for an honest and helpful discussion.
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO HSHSP VIA COMPUTER
- Follow this link to our iTunes page.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Under our Homeschool Highschool Podcast logo, click on View in iTunes
- This will take you to iTunes and our own podcast page.
- Click SUBSCRIBE.
- Click RATINGS AND REVIEW. (Please take a minute and do this. It helps others find us. Thanks!)
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE VIA iPHONE
- Tap the purple Podcast icon on your phone
- Tap the search icon on the bottom-right of your screen
- In the search bar type: Homeschool Highschool Podcast
- Tap the Homeschool Highschool Podcast icon
- Tap *Subscribe*
- Please tap *Ratings and Review* and give us some stars and a comment to help others find us more easily.