This week on The Homeschool Highschool Podcast Episode 55: What is Master Portfolio?
Homeschool Highschool Podcast Episode 55: What is Master Portfolio?
There are lots of homeschool highschoolers who would benefit from keeping a master portfolio. Who are they?
- Teens who don’t test so well on the SATs or ACTs but are solid students otherwise.
- Teens who don’t need to do testing because they are not going to college.
- Moms who want to keep record keeping under control.
What are master portfolios? How do you create them for your teens?
Master portfolios are simply big, fat binders where you keep your teens’ most important work. (One portfolio per teen.) It should include:
- Dividers for each year of homeschooling high school
- Goals for each year
- Attendance (if your state requires it)
- Dividers for each subject of each year
- Syllabus and/or Lesson Plans
- Tests, if applicable
- Projects, if applicable
- Papers, if applicable
- Log sheets, if applicable
- Final grade or course summary
- Dividers for service hours
- List service done, dates, time spent, location or organization served
- Dividers for extracurriculars
- List each extracurricular organization, dates, time spent
Join Sabrina, Vicki and Kym for helpful how-to’s on Homeschool Highschool Podcast Ep 55 What is Master Portfolio?