Introducing Advanced Literature & Composition: Part A!
Introducing Advanced Literature & Composition: Part A
There are a number of 7Sisters’ friends who have been asking for it! Their homeschool high schoolers have completed the Introductory and Intermediate Literature & Composition courses and are chomping at the bit to start the Advanced level!
Our editing Sisters have been burning the midnight oil to get Advanced Literature & Composition: Part A into your hands and here it is!
What is Advanced Literature & Composition: Part A?
- It is the follow-up curriculum to 7Sisters’ popular Introductory Literature & Composition: Parts A and B, and Intermediate Literature & Composition: Parts A and B.
- It is the first semester of 2 semesters’ Language Arts curriculum. (Part B will be released in time for the next semester.)
- It is a bundled, downloadable e-curriculum for homeschool high schoolers.
- Advanced Lit & Comp is SPECIAL because it is in an EDITABLE format. This means that teens can complete the entire text on their computer (no expensive ink needed).
- Advanced Lit & Comp is ALSO special because the Table of Contents is linked to its content. In other words, if your teen wants to hop from the Table of Contents to The Hobbit, he/she simply clicks on The Hobbit in the Table of Contents and the text immediately jumps to to that Literature Study Guide. Teen love it!
What is included in Advanced Literature & Composition: Part A?
- 5 of 7Sisters’ popular Literature Study Guides from a wide variety of genres
- 2 of 7Sisters’ success-oriented Writing Guides
As always with 7Sisters Guides, each of the included Literature Study Guides contain:
- Background information on the book
- A literature theme and terms
- Vocabulary exercises
- Comprehension and critical thinking questions
- Answer key
- Instructions for adapting the guide to various ability and interest levels
- NO busywork! NO wasted time doing useless time-filling paperwork!
- These Literature Study Guides:
- The Hobbit (The J.R.R. Tolkien classic presented at high school level.)
- Born Again (The true-life story of the conversion and life of Chuck Colson.)
- Uncle Vanya (Classic Russian tale that brings to life a different culture.)
- The Right Stuff (Thought-provoking story of fighter pilots, astronauts, competition and inspiration.)
- The Scarlet Letter (Classic American story that teens need to revisit.)
- The Good Earth (Pearl Buck’s moving story of a family’s struggles and life in China.)
The two Writing Guides include:
- Concise, self-directed lessons (approximately 15 minutes needed daily for the lesson)
- Fully-editable format (teens can do all the work on the computer without wasting ink for printing)
- Rubric for grading
- These Writing Guides:
- Myth-Fantasy Short-Story Writing (Teens are coached step-by-step through the delightful process of creating a 5-page story in the style of C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien.)
- Advanced Essay Writing (This guide conforms to the style of the optional essay in the new SAT and is useful for college-level or career-clear writing.)
Teens love the light-hearted, deep-thinking approach to 7Sisters curriculum and they love the digital format. They will love the broad selection of reading and activities!
Download Advanced Guide to Literature & Composition: Part A today!