A Developmental Approach to Teaching Kindergarten asks homeschool moms this gentle question: Should you REALLY push your kindergartener to plow through school-type reading curriculum and perform rigorous mathematical computations?
A child who is pushed beyond his developmental maturity may become frustrated and difficult to teach.
A sensitive homeschool teacher recognizes her young student’s developmental needs. She builds her child’s readiness skills through multi-sensory games and instruction. The young homeschooler then experiences success and learns that education can be fun- a good foundation!
Written by Vicki Tillman, MA, and based on the hands-on methods she used to educate her 5 children, this information-packed resource presents homeschool parents with practical concepts and delightful activities for developing readiness skills for reading and math.
A Developmental Approach to Teaching Kindergarten is a 21-page downloadable pdf resource guide includes:
- an overview of developmental milestones
- activities for developing perceptual motor skills
- activities for developing perceptual visual skills
- activities for developing auditory skills
- activities for developing cognitive skills
- activities for developing number skills
- activities for developing reading skills
Start your homeschool experience with fun and encouragement in a developmentally appropriate way!
Click here to view an excerpt from A Developmental Approach to Teaching Kindergarten.
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.