This delightful read-aloud favorite is a powerful way to introduce your elementary-aged homeschoolers to the world of classical music! At the same time 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for Beethoven Lives Upstairs guides them through developmentally-appropriate phonics and comprehension skills for younger elementary students.
Synopsis: Through a series of letters, a young boy recounts how hectic his life becomes now that the great composer Ludwig van Beethoven rents a room in his house. Follow Christoph’s journey from embarrassment to enthrallment as he becomes accustomed to this most unusual houseguest.
Readability Level: approximately end of 4th grade so this makes a wonderful read-aloud for the whole family while the activities can be done with younger elementary students.
Literature Activity Guide for Beethoven Lives Upstairs includes:
- Story Elements: Children identify elements common to all fictional stories.
- Phonics / Grammar: Students practice a skill with a sorting activity using words from the story itself (plus a few others thrown in, for good measure).
- Vocabulary: Young readers learn new words using the “Roll’em & Read’em” activity sheet.
- Comprehension: Children develop their skills using an activity sheet based on the book.
- Grammar component: Syllabication.
- Comprehension skills: Author’s technique and point of view.
- Research: Students are encouraged to further study topics related to the story.
This Elementary Activity Guide is created by Wayne Thorp, a veteran elementary school teacher with over thirty years experience teaching grades one through three. He is the father of three K-12 home schooled children (now grown). The guides have been vetted and approved by his second graders for years.
To visit Amazon and purchase a copy of this book JUST CLICK HERE, or borrow the book from your local library.
(Full disclosure: We are Amazon Associates. Purchasing through this link provides a commission to 7Sisters.)
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.