This delightful read-aloud favorite is a powerful way to introduce your elementary-aged homeschoolers to the world of classical music! At the same time 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for Beethoven Lives Upstairs guides them through developmentally-appropriate phonics and comprehension skills for younger elementary students.
Synopsis: Through a series of letters, a young boy recounts how hectic his life becomes now that the great composer Ludwig van Beethoven rents a room in his house. Follow Christoph’s journey from embarrassment to enthrallment as he becomes accustomed to this most unusual houseguest.
Readability Level: approximately end of 4th grade so this makes a wonderful read-aloud for the whole family while the activities can be done with younger elementary students.
Literature Activity Guide for Beethoven Lives Upstairs includes:
- Story Elements: Children identify elements common to all fictional stories.
- Phonics / Grammar: Students practice a skill with a sorting activity using words from the story itself (plus a few others thrown in, for good measure).
- Vocabulary: Young readers learn new words using the “Roll’em & Read’em” activity sheet.
- Comprehension: Children develop their skills using an activity sheet based on the book.
- Grammar component: Syllabication.
- Comprehension skills: Author’s technique and point of view.
- Research: Students are encouraged to further study topics related to the story.
This Elementary Activity Guide is created by Wayne Thorp, a veteran elementary school teacher with over thirty years experience teaching grades one through three. He is the father of three K-12 home schooled children (now grown). The guides have been vetted and approved by his second graders for years.
Download this freebie complete list of 7Sisters Literature Activity guides to help your planning.
To visit Amazon and purchase a copy of this book JUST CLICK HERE, or borrow the book from your local library.
(Full disclosure: We are Amazon Associates. Purchasing through this link provides a commission to 7Sisters.)
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.