Short Story Writing: Myth-Fantasy (2nd edition)
Powerful and meaningful communication happens when homeschooling high schoolers think creatively. As C.S. Lewis says, “Creativity is our soul’s organ of meaning.”
Release that powerful communication in your teen with 7Sisters high school short story writing curriculum.
Homeschoolers can enjoy a powerful creative experience by writing a short story in the myth-fantasy format (the genre of The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis and The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien). By following the myth-fantasy “formula” familiar to the storytellers of ancient times and modern writers like Lewis, teens will sharpen their creative skills while thinking about friendships, different kinds of people, and ideas worth fighting for (like their faith).
Advanced Guide to Short Story Writing: Myth-Fantasy by Vicki Tillman, a 36-page downloadable .pdf e-text, ushers homeschoolers with a substantial short story experience through a delightful 5-week process of high school short story writing that includes how-to’s and a grading rubric:
- Week 1: What is Myth-Fantasy?
- Week 2: “Getting-Started Ingredients” of a Myth-Fantasy Story
- Week 3: “Make-it-Happen Ingredients” of a Myth-Fantasy Story
- Week 4: “Closing Ingredients” of a Myth-Fantasy Story
- Week 5: Pulling the Myth-Fantasy Story Together
Click here to view an excerpt from Advanced Guide to Short Story Writing.
Give your homeschooling high schooler the creative tools he/she needs for more meaningful communication!
For helpful blog posts on creative writing:
- Creative Writing: The Best Kept Secret of Composition Success
- Real Homeschool Writing: Inspire Your Teens, Don’t Exhaust Them
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.