Financial Literacy from a Christian Perspective solves the problem in this conversation: “Mom,please just give me a course I can actually USE in my life!” Sound familiar??
Do you want your child to be self-sufficient when he or she reaches adulthood? Do you want your student to avoid some of the financial mistakes common to our society?
7Sisters’ Financial Literacy high school curriculum is just what you need!
Financial Literacy from a Christian Perspective is designed to introduce teens to the world of personal finance through textbook instruction, online articles and videos, interactive exercises, and more! Students are encouraged to immediately apply some of the concepts they learn and are introduced to other financial topics which will become a part of their lives in just a few short years.
Included in each chapter is a focus on God-honoring attitudes and practices. Additionally, parents are given the opportunity to share their knowledge, experience, and tips on financial matters via numerous assignments throughout the book.
Why settle for Consumer Math when a Financial Literacy high school curriculum prepares your teen for LIFE?
This practical guide to understanding personal finance is easy to use, fun, and written at a college-prep level. Instructions are included to tailor the course to any of these levels: average high school, college prep, advanced, or honors.
Financial Literacy from a Christian Perspective may be completed independently by a homeschooling high school teen or with parental involvement. It has also been successfully used in a classroom/group setting.
This financial literacy high school curriculum can be completed to fulfill the consumer math/financial literacy (math credit) required by some states.
Financial Literacy from a Christian Perspective, a one-credit high school e-text, is downloaded via EIGHT .pdf files.
(In order to access all features of these documents, open them in Adobe Reader.)
- Four Student .pdf files:
- Textbook (including Study Sheets at the end of the chapters & Appendix of suggested reading
- 2018 1040 Instruction Booklet (for use with Chapter 9)
- Four Parent .pdf files:
- Exercises Answer Key
- Worksheets Answer Key
- Tests Answer Key
The topics in the nine chapters of this one-credit Financial Literacy high school curriculum include:
- Money – The Basics
- Setting Financial Goals
- How Values Affect Goals
- S.M.A.R.T Goals
- Financial Strategy for Achieving Goals
- Limited Resources
- The Budget – Freedom within Safe Bounds
- Income and Expenses
- Keeping Your Spending on Track with Your Budget
- Saving and Investing
- The Time Value of Money
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Investments: Risks and Rewards
- Revolving and Installment Loans
- Benefits and Risks of Credit
- Amortizing Loans
- Your Credit Report and Credit Score
- Financial Institutions and the Services They Provide
- Banks and Credit Unions
- Debit Cards
- Bank Statements & Balancing Your Checkbook
- Identity Theft
- Automobile Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Renter’s/Homeowner’s Insurance
- Your Career
- Help for Choosing Your Career
- Education and Career Opportunities
- Payroll Deductions and Employee Benefits
- Christian Work Ethic
- Record Keeping
- Basic Income Tax Vocabulary
- Tax Preparation Exercises
Want to see samples?
- Click here to view the Table of Contents and How to Use This Book.
- Click here to view an excerpt from the text.
- Click here to view a sample Worksheet and Worksheet Answer Key.
- Click here to view a sample Study Sheet and Test.
(BTW- We periodically update the links for the Financial Literacy curriculum. Download this freebie for updated links.)
Many homeschooling families do 7Sisters Financial Literacy, Career Exploration and Apologetics. Did you know you can save a lot of money when you purchase together in the Curriculum Bundle to Prepare for Independence?
What do homeschool parents say about Financial Literacy from a Christian Perspective?
“Financial Literacy from a Christian Perspective does a more thorough job teaching what teens need to learn about finances than do most standard Economics courses.”
“It’s excellent. I taught it in our co-op 2 years ago and will be teaching it again this coming year.” -S.W.
“All 4 of my kids took it in high school. All of them are using the information in adulthood.”– S.C.
“Loved it. Taught son and MOM a lot of needed information.”– S.H.
Listen to Sabrina discuss what is financial literacy.
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.
Customers who purchased Financial Literacy from a Christian Perspective, 2023 Edition, also purchased:
You must log in to submit a review.