Framework of Physical Fitness, by Joel Paul Simeon Hayes, builds on the knowledge that students gained from Foundations of Physical Fitness. While it is intended to be a follow-up to Foundations of Physical Fitness, Framework of Physical Fitness can be studied independently.
Teens love this READ, WATCH, DO course!
- READ the text, answer the questions, take the tests.
- WATCH the videos (both the videos that supplement the text AND the fitness videos).
- DO the exercise routines – physical fitness must be practiced.
Joel is a certified fitness instructor who has worked with hundreds of clients since 2014. He participates in endurance sports including Obstacle Course Racing and trail races up to the Ultra distance (longer than a marathon). Because of his experiences, he is passionate about sharing physical fitness with the next generation!
Topics covered in Framework of Physical Fitness text include:
- Bursting the Nutrition Bubble
- Getting Started with Nutrition
- Setting Goals in Fitness
- Training Volume
- Hybrid Fitness Training
- Use It or Lose It
- What You Actually Need for Fitness
The fitness videos include two fitness programs:
- One is focused on endurance training and
- The other is hybrid (endurance and strength) training
- This can be a full-credit course, according to the student’s goals.
- Text (for 1/2 credit)
- How-to Videos and Progress Charts (to complete the credit log 60-90 hours of fitness activity according to the videos and your teen’s interest)
Also included is a suggested syllabus and fitness log!
There are two files included when you purchase this curriculum:
- The first file (for the student) contains the text, the fitness programs with video links, and a syllabus and workout log.
- Then, the second file (for the parent) contains the tests and answer keys.
Click here to view an excerpt from Framework of Physical Fitness.
Learn more by reading Introducing Framework of Physical Fitness.