A Health credit is required for graduation in many states but health curriculum is more important than just a credit on the transcript.
Health affects everything we do. Your homeschool high schoolers need to be prepared to care for themselves – body, mind, soul, and spirit. No matter what their future plans, understanding health is crucial if they want to be successful.
High School Health for the Whole Person is a comprehensive Health curriculum for preparing your teens to care for themselves – body, mind, soul, and spirit!
High School Health for the Whole Person is a downloadable e-textbook presented in 7Sisters’ no-busywork style. The health-building information is easy to read. There are meaningful activities included for teens who wish to level-up to a transcript-enhancing Honors credit. Homeschool high schoolers of various interests and abilities will love this Health curriculum!
How does High School Health for the Whole Person health curriculum work?
**High School Health for the Whole Person is a one-credit course, thirty-week course.**
It is divided into two parts:
- Part 1 deals with physical health.
- Part 2 deals with mind, soul and spiritual health.
What are some benefits of earning a Health credit for the homeschool transcript?
- A Health credit is needed in most states for graduation.
- Health credits help teens to develop healthy attitudes and practices while young.
- Healthy habits learned when young tend to shape their entire lives.
- Health credits help teens understand how their bodies and minds work which helps them practice prevention of bad habits.
- Also, Health credits help teens understand how their bodies and minds work which helps them recognize warning signs when something is wrong and seek timely treatment.
- Health credits help teens understand the proper function of the body and mind which allows us to help others well.
- And, Health credits help teens understand healthy emotions and relationship skills which allows them to live and work well in society.
- Health credits help teens understand healthy spirituality which prepares them for their own personal walk with God.
High School Health for the Whole Person Part 1 focuses on physical health:
In its 21 chapters, each body system is explained, followed by a chapter describing disorders that arise when the healthy functioning of the system is disrupted. The final chapter in this section covers exercise basics.
- Chapter 1: The Five Senses
- Chapter 2: Disorders of the Five Senses
- Chapter 3: Skin
- Chapter 4: Skin Disorders
- Chapter 5: Musculoskeletal System
- Chapter 6: Disorders of the Musculoskeletal System
- Chapter 7: Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems
- Chapter 8: Disorders of the Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems
- Chapter 9: Nervous System
- Chapter 10: Disorders of the Nervous System Disorders
- Chapter 11: Digestive & Urinary Systems
- Chapter 12: Disorders of the Digestive & Urinary Systems
- Chapter 13: Nutrition
- Chapter 14: Disorders of Insufficient Nutrition
- Chapter 15: Lymphatic & Immune Systems
- Chapter 16: Disorders of the Lymphatic & Immune Systems
- Chapter 17: Reproductive System
- Chapter 18: Disorders of the Reproductive System
- Chapter 19: Fetal Development & Childbirth
- Chapter 20: Complications in Fetal Development & Childbirth
- Chapter 21: Health Benefits of Exercise
High School Health for the Whole PersonPart 2 focuses on mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
Homeschool high schoolers learn how the brain was created to function, ways to maintain this health, disorders that can arise, and treatments that have been used successfully for these disorders. A section on personal safety is included.
- Part 2 contains the following chapters:
- Chapter 1: The Brain
- Chapter 2: Disorders of Brain Function
- Chapter 3: Emotional Wellness
- Chapter 4: Emotional and Mental Health Problems
- Chapter 5: Emotional & Mental Health Problems: Help & Treatment
- Chapter 6: Emotional and Mental Self-Care
- Chapter 7: Self & Social Awareness for Health & Safety
- Chapter 8: Healthy Relationships
- Chapter 9: Caffeine, Tobacco, Alcohol, and Drugs
High School Health for the Whole Person: don’t let your homeschooler graduate without it!
You will receive 3 downloads:
- High School Health for the Whole Person text
- High School Health for the Whole Person tests
- High School Health for the Whole Person Answer Key
The text should be given to the student. The tests should be given to the student as he/she completes the appropriate chapter(s). The Answer Key is for the parent.
Authors of High School Health for the Whole Person
- Marilyn Groop has a Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy. Though no longer working as a therapist, Marilyn maintains her licensure by way of continuing education courses and employs her skills on missions trips where she fits handicapped individuals for wheelchairs.
- Vicki Tillman holds a Master of Arts in Counseling and has worked as a Christian counselor for more than 25 years.
- Joel Hayes, guest author for ‘Health Benefits of Exercise’, holds a B.S. in Sport Administration. He manages a fitness training center and is an NASM Certified Personal Trainer.
Click here to view an excerpt from High School Health for the Whole Person.
We periodically update the links for those in the text, you can download these updated links in this freebie: Health for the Whole Person – Updates.
Your homeschool high schoolers will be prepared to care for themselves – body, mind, soul, and spirit!
There is a suggested syllabus free at this link.
Check out this post on ideas for teaching Health in a class or at home. Also listen to this powerful interview with Kassandra Baker on the Homeschool Highschool Podcast as we discuss helping teens have a healthy relationship with food.
Here’s a review by the popular website It’s Not That Hard to Homeschool High School on High School Health for the Whole Person.
What our 7th Siblings have to say about High School Health for the Whole Person:
I’m a nutritional therapist (functional medicine) and blood chemist and I just think you’ve done a great job giving the students good info without it being overwhelming. -EF
I have 2 kids who have completed it (High School Health for the Whole Person) in the last few years. We thought it was really good. -MA
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.