What’s the Difference Between 7Sisters Lit & Comp vs Our Other Guides?
- Literature & Composition courses
- Literature Study Guides
- Writing Guides
So here’s the difference between 7Sisters Lit & Comp vs Our Other Guides!
First off, you need to know that English/Language Arts should include a
- Reading and some literature analysis
- Writing (with editing or grammar)
- Public Speaking (not always included in English/Language Arts but recommended by some colleges)
Now that we’ve got that straight, let’s move on.
Here’s how 7Sisters English/Language Arts works for Literature and Writing Guides:
If your homeschool high schoolers use ONLY 7Sisters Literature Study Guides, they will cover vocabulary and reading/literature analysis. (You get some optional suggested writing prompts but no instruction in HOW to write- that’s for the Writing Guides to do.)
So, your homeschool high schoolers can specialize in a literature topic of their own interest for the year with 7Sisters’ individual Literature Study Guides OR purchase a full year’s Literature Study Guides on one topic such as:
If your homeschool high schoolers use ONLY 7Sisters Writing Guides, you get writing instruction of 4 different types, but no reading/literature analysis or vocabulary (along with rubrics for editing). The 4 types of writing include:
Writing Guides may be purchased by topic or bundled to include all the writing homeschool high schoolers need for each year.
Here’s how 7Sisters English/Language Arts works for Literature & Composition Bundles:
The idea behind the Literature & Composition bundles is to meet both of the reading/literature analysis and vocabulary and writing/editing needs for the English/Language Arts credit, one semester at a time. You will need Literature & Composition Part A (fall semester) and Part B (winter/spring semester) to get the full credit.
We offer these in all of these different options because there’s not ONE right way to homeschool:
- Some homeschool families have really strong readers who LOVE literature analysis but need some concrete writing instruction; they are great at talking about books, but not so great at writing. So they buy a Literature Study Guide bundle of their choice and a Writing Guide bundle that fits their skill level.
- Other families are tackling reading and literature analysis in a co-op or book club that chose a list of titles and those don’t fit with any of our guides. So they just purchase a Writing Bundle for their teens.
- Some families have teens who is use a different curriculum for writing, so they don’t need writing instruction, but they DO need literature analysis. So they order a Literature bundle.
- Some families want the English/Language Arts to be *boxed* in one place, so that all they need to do is move right through the curriculum with no extra work or planning. They order Literature & Composition.
There’s not ONE right way to homeschool high school! 7SistersHomeschool.com has lots of options for English/Language Arts. Your teens will develop strong skills as they use our curriculum. Download yours!
7Sisters email subscribers receive periodic practical encouragement, special offers and NO SPAM EVER.
Click the image above to periodically receive real homeschool value in your inbox.