Here’s a fun, developmentally-appropriate activity guide: Literature Activity Guide for Freckle Juice!
This fun book teaches young learners about self-acceptance. 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for Freckle Juice guides younger elementary students through developmentally-appropriate phonics and comprehension skills.
Elementary Literature Activity Guide for Freckle Juice is designed to teach and/or reinforce necessary skills for students who are in the process of learning to read. Each guide helps young readers practice individual skills while maintaining an appreciation of the literature. Good readers love reading!
Synopsis: Freckle Juice by Judy Blume: Andrew Marcus desperately wants freckles! He’d do anything to get them, even buy a secret recipe from the dreaded Sharon. Will the special juice work?
Readability Level: end of 2nd, beginning of 3rd grade
Literature Activity Guide for Freckle Juice includes:
- Grammar component: Short and long e sounds
- Comprehension skills: Characterization and Setting
- Story Elements: Children identify elements common to all fictional stories
- Phonics / Grammar: Students practice a skill with a sorting activity using words from the story itself (plus a few others thrown in, for good measure)
- Vocabulary: Young readers learn new words using the “Roll’em & Read’em” activity sheet
- Research: Students are encouraged to further study topics related to the story
The Elementary Activity Guides are by Wayne Thorp, a veteran elementary school teacher with over thirty years experience teaching grades one through three. He is the father of three K-12 home schooled children (now grown).
To visit Amazon and purchase a copy of this book JUST CLICK HERE, or borrow the book from your local library.
(Full disclosure: We are Amazon Associates. Purchasing through this link provides a commission to 7Sisters.)
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.