Your elementary homeschooler will love this activity guide: Literature Activity Guide for Miss Rumphius.
This inspirational book about making the world a better place won the National Book Award for Children in 1983. 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for Miss Rumphius guides younger elementary students through developmentally-appropriate phonics and comprehension skills.
Elementary Literature Activity Guide for Miss Rumphius is designed to teach and/or reinforce necessary skills for students who are in the process of learning to read. Each guide helps young readers practice individual skills while maintaining an appreciation of the literature. Good readers love reading!
Synopsis: Young Alice Rumphius makes three promises to her grandfather about what she would do in life: go to faraway places, live beside the sea and make the world more beautiful. As she lives her life, she realizes that she does two quite well. How will she accomplish the third?
Readability Level: end of 2nd, beginning of 3rd grade
7Sisters Elementary Literature Activity Guide for Miss Rumphius includes:
- Phonics component: long o sound
- Comprehension skills: Cause & Effect, and Plot
- Story Elements: Children identify elements common to all fictional stories.
- Phonics / Grammar: Students practice a skill with a sorting activity using words from the story itself (plus a few others thrown in, for good measure).
- Vocabulary: Young readers learn new words using the “Roll’em & Read’em” activity sheet.
- Comprehension: Children develop their skills using an activity sheet based on the book.
- Research: Students are encouraged to further study topics related to the story.
The Elementary Activity Guides are by Wayne Thorp, a veteran elementary school teacher with over thirty years experience teaching grades one through three. He is the father of three K-12 home schooled children (now grown).
To visit Amazon and purchase a copy of this book JUST CLICK HERE, or borrow the book from your local library.
(Full disclosure: We are Amazon Associates. Purchasing through this link provides a commission to 7Sisters.)
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.
You must log in to submit a review.