First published in 1902, Peter Rabbit is a favorite character of children all over the world. 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for A Tale of Peter Rabbit is a fabulous family read-aloud that guides younger elementary students through developmentally-appropriate phonics and comprehension skills.
Elementary Literature Activity Guide for A Tale of Peter Rabbit is designed to teach and/or reinforce necessary skills for students who are in the process of learning to read. Each 7Sisters activity guide helps young readers practice individual skills while maintaining an appreciation of the literature. Good readers love reading!
Synopsis: A young bunny doesn’t follow his mother’s advice. He gets lost inside a walled garden, and almost gets caught by Farmer McGregor! How will he ever escape?
Readability Level: middle of 3rd grade
7Sisters Elementary Literature Activity Guide for A Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter includes:
- Comprehension skill: Cause & Effect, Reality vs. Fantasy. Bonus Skill included!
- Grammar component: The sounds /oo/ can make
- Story Elements: Children identify elements common to all fictional stories
- Phonics / Grammar: Students practice a skill with a sorting activity using words from the story itself (plus a few others thrown in, for good measure)
- Vocabulary: Young readers learn new words using the “Roll’em & Read’em” activity sheet
- Comprehension: Children develop their skills using an activity sheet based on the book
- Research: Students are encouraged to further study topics related to the story
The Elementary Activity Guides are by Wayne Thorp, a veteran elementary school teacher with over thirty years experience teaching grades one through three. He is the father of three K-12 home schooled children (now grown).
Download the Complete List of Elementary Literature Activity Guides to help you with your planning!
To visit Amazon and purchase a copy of this book JUST CLICK HERE, or borrow the book from your local library.
(Full disclosure: We are Amazon Associates. Purchasing through this link provides a commission to 7Sisters.)
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.