This week on Homeschool Highschool Podcast Episode 19: Drama The GOOD Kind. This post as well as the audio is running concurrently on the Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network.
Homeschool Highschool Podcast Episode 19: Drama- The GOOD Kind
Join Vicki, Kym, and a bunch of homeschool highschool campers at Sabrina’s 16th annual drama camp. The teens years ago named this wonderful camp as “the weeks that life has meaning!” That’s because of their powerful experiences as they learn a play for presentation at the end of camp.
In this Homeschool Highschool Podcast episode, we interview the teens themselves right in the practice room at Drama Camp. Let me give you the summary: They LOVE it!
Why this kind of camp?
When homeschool highschoolers participate in a well-run program, they get the opportunity to:
- Work on a team
- Learn to be valuable and be valued
- Learn how to encourage others
- Learn to be ready for stepping in and filling gaps when needed
- Develop perspective-taking skills
- Increase their imagination skills (which we should never outgrow)
Find out how you and your homeschool highschoolers can add some sparkle to the homeschool transcript with some terrific drama experiences. AND how they can gain some valuable life skills.
A theater intensive
Drama camp is fun! It is a theater intensive. That means it is a chance to put most of the rest of life on hold for a few days and focus on the production exclusively, rather than the traditional format that stretches rehearsals out over eight to ten weeks in chunks of a few hours at a time.
In the episode Vicki and Kym connect you to resources to encourage your homeschool highschool fun! Want some marvelous resources to get your camp rolling?
- Sabrina has developed a series of how-to’s for homeschool drama programs, scripts and freebies. Check out her materials (that have all been vetted by homeschoolers loved by all who used them). Start with her popular curriculum for Drama Camp teachers: How to Direct a Homeschool Drama Camp.
- Read this post on what makes Drama Camp amazing!
- Click over to the Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network for shownotes with resources!
- Get more information on Drama Camps on this interview with SabrinaYou can do this!
- Even more how-tos on handling Drama Camps are in this bonus episode of Homeschool Highschool Podcast.
- Here is a list of our Homeschool Drama resources that we compiled to help you add drama to your homeschool.
7Sisters email subscribers receive periodic practical encouragement, special offers and NO SPAM EVER.