The Whales’ Song is a story by Dyan Sheldon. 7Sisters Literature Activity Guide for The Whales’ Song is a fabulous family read-aloud that guides younger elementary students through developmentally-appropriate phonics and comprehension skills.
Elementary Literature Activity Guide for The Whales’ Song is designed to teach and/or reinforce necessary skills for students who are in the process of learning to read. Each 7Sisters activity guide helps young readers practice individual skills while maintaining an appreciation of the literature. Good readers love reading!
Synopsis: A rhythmic tale of young Lilly who dreams of meeting whales. Grandmother fills her head with stories from her youth while Great Uncle Frederick tries to stomp them out. Will her dream come true?
Readability Level: middle of 3rd grade
7Sisters Elementary Literature Activity Guides include:
- Phonics component: past tense verbs (with -ed verbs and irregulars)
- Comprehension skill: Sequencing, and Characterization
- Story Elements: Children identify elements common to all fictional stories.
- Phonics / Grammar: Students practice a skill with a sorting activity using words from the story itself (plus a few others thrown in, for good measure).
- Vocabulary: Young readers learn new words using the “Roll’em & Read’em” activity sheet.
- Comprehension: Children develop their skills using an activity sheet based on the book.
- Research: Students are encouraged to further study topics related to the story.
The Elementary Activity Guides are by Wayne Thorp, a veteran elementary school teacher with over thirty years experience teaching grades one through three. He is the father of three K-12 home schooled children (now grown).
To visit Amazon and purchase a copy of this book JUST CLICK HERE, or borrow the book from your local library.
(Full disclosure: We are Amazon Associates. Purchasing through this link provides a commission to 7Sisters.)
10-Day No-Questions-Asked Money-Back Guarantee on all 7Sisters EBook curriculum.