This week on the Homeschool Highschool Podcast Ep 48: Why Do Teens Need to Know Great Christian Writers? This post is running concurrently on Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network.
Why Do Teens Need to Know Great Christian Writers?
Homeschool highschoolers need literature study each year as part of their language arts credits. Wouldn’t it be great to include literature that helps your teens grow into good character as they follow great literary examples?
Giving your homeschool high schooler a year studying some Great Christian Writers is a great idea. It might even be a life changing idea! That’s why 7Sisters’ is so excited about their Great Christian Writers full-year literature course.
Our homeschool high schoolers have been blessed by a year of challenges and inspiration as they have read through lots of wise and famous writers. They have appreciated that the course did not simply include ancient writers who were dull and dry but also adventurous 20th century heroes like Brother Andrew, God’s Smuggler!
The collection of Literature Guides in Great Christian Writers High School titles includes:
- The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom
- Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan (Here’s an excerpt from the study guide.)
- The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
- God’s Smuggler by Brother Andrew
- Something Beautiful for God by Malcolm Muggeridge
- Joni by Joni Eareckson Tada
- Born Again by Charles Colson
- The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis
- Hymns and Creeds
Join Sabrina, Vicki and Kym for an inspirational discussion on ways to include Great Christian Writers in your homeschool highschoolers’ literature credits!
7Sisters email subscribers receive periodic practical encouragement, special offers and NO SPAM EVER.