This is an excerpt from A Separate Peace Study Guide. The following are pictures of the actual pages in the PDF download. If you have any further questions please contact us!
Written to accompany American author John Knowles’ landmark 1959 coming of age novel, this literature study guide helps you get the most out of A Separate Peace.
Literature study guides from 7Sisters Homeschool inspire students rather than tire them with busywork that kills the story.
Instead of attempting to examine every element of a book on the first reading, our study guides choose two or three respected literary devices and use them as a focal point.
Our guides are easy to adapt for use at an:
- Average High School
- College Prep
- Honors Level
A Separate Peace Study Guide focuses on the following literary devices:
- symbols and motifs
- relationships between characters and the reliability of a narrator
The suggested writing assignments:
- guide students through the analysis of symbols and motifs
- practice a compare/contrast essay
This NO-busywork study guide enriches the reading of the book for your homeschooled high school student.
A Separate Peace Study Guide is an EBook curriculum complete with:
- background information
- discussion questions by chapter
- suggested writing assignments
- enrichment activities
- answer key
We have the following blog posts to help:
- 3 Inspiring Literature and Composition Courses for Variety Loving Teens
- Favorite Read-Alouds for Families with Teens
- 8 Great Types of High School American Literature for Well Rounded Education
Please note curriculum excerpts are intentionally sloppy copies to discourage copyright violations. Purchased curriculum displays crystal clear.