Homeschool Highschool Podcast Ep 110: What’s it Like to be a Homeschool Senior? This post is running concurrently on Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network.
Homeschool Highschool Podcast Ep 110: What’s it Like to be a Homeschool Senior?
What’s it like to be a homeschool senior? Well, we know there’s not ONE right way to be a senior but it IS nice to know what it is like for one of them!
Gabriella Eltringham is a homeschool senior who started homeschooling during high school and has been a student in Sabrina and Kym’s classes at our local homeschool group classes.
After elementary years of both homeschooling and a local charter school, Gabriella began homeschooling in middle school at a local homeschool umbrella school and then high school freshman year at a public school and then back to homeschooling at sophomore year at the school where 7SistersHomeschool.com’s Marilyn, Sabrina and Kym teach.
Gabriella’s 2 older sisters homeschooled in elementary school also but went to public school.
Gabriella liked about homeschool umbrella school:
- College preparation
- Literature classes
- Smaller classes than public school for better discussion
- A good finish for her after trying lots of educational settings
Gabriella’s challenges in homeschooling umbrella school:
- Science classes (she doesn’t like science so more often with teachers might have helped her)
After graduation, Gabriella is headed to West Chester University to study Secondary Education Literature. Gabby reviews books on Instagram and decided on the major after visiting the college and talking to the staff there.
Advice from Gabriella:
- If you’re a procrastinator, be careful! Be sure to plan out your work and commit to it!
- If you need to be around people, choose a homeschool umbrella school.
Join Sabrina, Kym and Gabriella for a fun and encouraging chat about being a homeschool senior! In the meantime, enjoy these posts:
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO HSHSP VIA COMPUTER
- Follow this link to our iTunes page.
- IMPORTANT STEP: Under our Homeschool Highschool Podcast logo, click on View in iTunes
- This will take you to iTunes and our own podcast page.
- Click SUBSCRIBE.
- Click RATINGS AND REVIEW. (Please take a minute and do this. It helps others find us. Thanks!)
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE VIA iPHONE
- Tap the purple Podcast icon on your phone
- Tap the search icon on the bottom-right of your screen
- In the search bar type: Homeschool Highschool Podcast
- Tap the Homeschool Highschool Podcast icon
- Tap *Subscribe*
- Please tap *Ratings and Review* and give us some stars and a comment to help others find us more easily.