Romans 8 for Homeschool Moms. It’s fun to look at a favorite Scripture passage through fresh eyes. Since we are homeschool moms, how about revisiting Romans 8 through our experience?
What shall separate us from the love of Christ?
- Shall trouble with curriculum,
- or hardship with learning disabilities,
- or persecution from people who think we’re nuts for homeschooling,
- or famine because Math took extra-long and there’s nothing ready for dinner,
- or nakedness because we haven’t caught up on the laundry in about a month,
- or danger from kitchen chemistry experiments gone wrong,
- or sword (because if you have boys and you’re studying the medieval period…)?
- As it is written: “For Your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” (Okay, that’s probably a little dramatic. But there are days…)
- No, in all these challenges we homeschool moms are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
- For I am convinced that neither the death of my dreams about how things OUGHT TO look,
- nor life that feels like it’s running 100 miles per hour while I hold on by my fingernails;
- neither children who act like angels,
- nor children who act like demons;
- neither the present material we are studying,
- nor the future subjects that only God knows how we can master;
- nor any powers (understanding exponents, that is!);
- neither heights of success where I am tempted to take the credit for our fabulous homeschool,
- nor depths of frustration where I am tempted to take the blame for our miserable homeschool;
- nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the LOVE OF GOD that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:35-39 (Sabrina’s Homeschool Version)
And here’s the vlog version: Romans Chapter 8
For some more inspiring “scripture” for homeschoolers, check out Vicki’s Sermon on the Mount for Homeschoolers.
Genesis 1 Bible Study is FREE to download in the EBookstore.
For some REAL inspiration, download a copy of Prayer Journal 1 or 2; these 30-day prayer adventures will open up your conversation with God, and help you turn to Him in every situation as you are reminded of His unfailing love for you!